anamericanvampireinlondon asked: 1. selfie (selfie power!) 3. do you miss anyone? 6. is it hard for you to get over someone? 11. are you listening to music right now? 20. what is your favourite song at the moment? 46. what my last text message says 42. favourite book(s) 53. 5 things that make me happy
Procrastinating homework at the coffee place down the road. It’s super trendy so of course they don’t believe in light bulbs.
3. 99% of my friendships are LDR’s and I never seem to “like-like” anyone local. Missing people is my daily existence.
6. I don’t “like-like” people easily and when I do it’s next to impossible for me to stop thinking about them.
11. I am pretty sure this coffee place just typed in “hipster garbage” on Sirius XM and let ‘er rip. #NP the Portlandia theme song, whatever that actually is.
20. My favorite song right now is "Moaning Lisa Smile" by Wolf Alice, followed by "Let Em Say" by my local girls Lizzo and Caroline Smith (it isn’t even my “style” but I can’t get away from this song right now and it’s really got under my skin)
46. My last text message says a lot of things but is along the lines of “I hope you’re feeling good today”, from my most valued support person and someone I miss very much.
42. My favorite books are the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Every time I read them they shake me up even harder than the last time. Also on the list is ASOIAF for pure brutal nerd fantasy enjoyment. Hobbit/LOTR/Tolkien universe as well. I’m a bit of a serial escapist ;) when it comes to reading.
53. In addition to those already listed, I love: Coffee, music, the romance of cheap travel (bus/train/hitchhiking) finding awesome things at thrift stores, and that rare moment when someone I love/trust also mutually loves/trusts me back.
5 year old shows off her Muay Thai Combos
cinefuck asked: 1, 5, 7, 12, 15, 23, 29, 31, 47
5. is there anyone who can always make you smile?
12. what is something you want right now?
Other than cuddles, I would love a fat burrito with lots of guac.
15. personality description
Failure. And centipedes.
29. favourite film(s)
I am always game for a LotR veg-fest.
47. turn ons
A genuine smile, an edgy haircut, and an intelligent lifestyle.
neveroveeer asked: 29
29. favourite film(s)
hope-lessly-hope-ful asked: 12, 13, 36, and 53. :)
12. what is something you want right now?
I want a cuddle. Not necessarily sex, just nice touching. /tmi
13. how do you feel right now?
Physically tired because I spent the morning punching and kicking pads/ holding pads for big-ass dudes to punch and kick.
36. 3 dreams you want to fulfill?
I want to finish school (and pay it off), live on a coast (either Seattle or NYC please), and I want to lift or fight competitively (and win something at least once).
53. 5 things that make me happy
Breakfast, exercise, learning, sunflowers, cats, and good hugs. (bonus!)
The Organised Fridge:
By keeping your fridge organized and in tip-top shape, it’s easy to prevent fresh food from going foul in the kitchen.
- 1. selfie
- 2. what would you name your future kids?
- 3. do you miss anyone?
- 4. what are you looking forward to?
- 5. is there anyone who can always make you smile?
- 6. is it hard for you to get over someone?
- 7. what was your life like last year?
- 8. have you ever cried because you were so annoyed?
- 9. who did you last see in person?
- 10. are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 11. are you listening to music right now?
- 12. what is something you want right now?
- 13. how do you feel right now?
- 14. when was the last time someone of the opposite sex hugged you?
- 15. personality description
- 16. have you ever wanted to tell someone something but you didn't?
- 17. opinion on insecurities.
- 18. do you miss how thing were a year ago?
- 19. have you ever been to New York?
- 20. what is your favourite song at the moment?
- 21. age and birthday?
- 22. description of crush.
- 23. fear(s)
- 24. height
- 25. role model
- 26. idol(s)
- 27. things i hate
- 28. i'll love you if...
- 29. favourite film(s)
- 30. favourite tv show(s)
- 31. 3 random facts
- 32. are your friends mainly girls or guys?
- 33. something you want to learn
- 34. most embarrassing moment
- 35. favourite subject
- 36. 3 dreams you want to fulfill?
- 37. favourite actor/actress
- 38. favourite comedian(s)
- 39. favourite sport(s)
- 40. favourite memory
- 41. relationship status
- 42. favourite book(s)
- 43. favourite song ever
- 44. age you get mistaken for
- 45. how you found out about your idol
- 46. what my last text message says
- 47. turn ons
- 48. turn offs
- 49. where i want to be right now
- 50. favourite picture of your idol
- 51. starsign
- 52. something i'm talented at
- 53. 5 things that make me happy
- 54. something thats worrying me at the moment
- 55. tumblr friends
- 56. favourite food(s)
- 57. favourite animal(s)
- 58. description of my best friend
- 59. why i joined tumblr
- 60. ask me anything you want
I started my boxing and kickboxing program today! I’m in it for a full year. Like committed. In it to win it. I feel good. Stoked and motivated on a mental level, but peacefully worn out on a body level as well. I crave this feeling so much.
There’s really something to be said for having someone landing hard punches and kicks all over your body. It’s weirdly overwhelming at first, like it’s a lot coming at you and a lot to deal with on a sensory/reflexive level, but I feel… stronger? for it.
I told the gym leader (fighter Chris Cichon) that I was not there to “get a workout done”, I was there to train my body and get better at this sport. Which he looked super stoked to hear so I’m training directly with him in class tomorrow. I’ve literally never felt so excited and positive in a fitness setting.
When on fall vacation in NYC, combine your trendy-ass galaxy leggings and Docs with your stodgiest knit legwarmers for some eyebrow-raising punk grandma chic.
nicolemeadows13 asked: Hey, what do recommend yoga or Pilates? I'm having trouble on which one is right for me and my mum and her Firend. I want to work on my core and. Help with stress those are my two main focuses. Thank you it would be really nice if you could help with my little dilemma.
I’m sorry for the slow response, but I recommend a mix of both.
Pilates is very good for core strength, and has been so extremely useful for me in rehabbing my back injury. Doing barre or mat Pilates can help correct posture, spinal alignment issues, and any core imbalances a person may have. (For example, I had to strengthen my lower and transverse abdominals because a preexisting spinal curvature gave me tilted hips all through puberty and a lack of lower ab strength made me highly susceptible to my eventual herniated disc at L4.)
Pilates also incorporates elements of flexibility and timed breathing, but a hatha or vinyasa style yoga would probably be the way to go in terms of stress relief. Hatha is a gentle style that involves holding poses longer (multiple full breaths) and is usually more meditative than “athletic”. Vinyasa yoga is a faster-paced “flow” style that incorporates timed breathing in shorter intervals. Both utilize Pranayama (“yoga breathing”) which is a deep focus on breathing in and out through the nose, a practice that is scientifically proven to reduce stress and improve mental wellbeing.
If you have the time and resources, I would definitely recommend starting with one Pilates session and one yoga session per week.
Anonymous asked: I know it might be slightly creepy, but I haven't seen any updates from you in a week. Hope you are well!
I’m fine! I was on vacation in NYC for two weeks, and before that I was struggling with a stressful math class. #studentprobs
I have just discovered that my instructor for Personal Health and Wellness practices Health At Every Size herself and also thinks that our text is highly problematic. She is required to teach it per the school’s baseline academic standards but conversely makes a consistent effort to provide students with numerous studies and peer-reviewed professional articles/essays that present a more accurate approach to human body health. This is actually going to be good.
In response to the various messages from anti-fat-acceptance sites along the lines of “how disgusting for people like you go into health advocacy!” I say this:
It’s people like YOU that are the reason why people like ME are needed in health advocacy. Cheers!